Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Run past the heather and down to the old road

I haven't been back to Omaha since I moved in October, so it's been, what? Six and a half months? Due to a series of recent life shifts, big and small, anticipated and unexpected, my perception of time is somewhat skewed. When a lot happens in a little bit of time, little bits of time grow in magnitude and significance. And six and a half months seems like for. Ev. Er. Needless to say, I'm more than jazzed about having the opportunity to return for MC's graduation on Friday. I left behind some stellar human beings.


That's what I'm talking about.

Anyway, if you use Dodge Street to get anywhere (including the nearest bathroom/Mexico), if you eat peanuts out of dog bowls and like your champagne on tap, if the sight of Connor Oberst is as commonplace as a McDonald's sign, if Dewey Ave. is your Sesame Street, I will see you on Friday.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...