Saturday, April 09, 2011

A day of firsts

Today was the first really warm day this spring. I walked around the Old Market for a bit after my haircut, letting the Vitamin D chisel its way through my sallow mole person skin and leaving my fingerprints on expensive knicknacks.

First time I watched "Willow" (not disappointed).


Matt enjoyed his first KFC Double Down, a year after it splattered onto the fast food scene, turning our napkins clear and making our hearts work three times as hard. When asked if he'll ever eat one again, he examined the leftover mystery sauce on his fingers and replied, "Yes, but I don't know when." My guess is someday. Maybe the next time we sit inside and watch Willow on the first really warm day of spring.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

I didn't even know what "Willow" was, but now, after your blog, I know that a reluctant dwarf must play a critical role in protecting a special baby from an evil queen. And you know how that story ends, I sadly, still do not.

Also, I just saw a commercial for "Mob Wives," a new VH1 reality show. I think it looks good in that 'Sorkin would never watch this shit' type of way. I look forward to your blog post about it.

Anonymous said...

Willow scared me as a kid... In fact is still scares me! Is that wrong????

-Cort

Catherine said...

See, I think the thing is that you have to watch it as a kid to really be affected by it. While I was impressed by the 80s CGI and tiny Kevin Pollak, it didn't instill the fear (that I would be fed to a two-headed troll monster or turned to stone by a handful of acorns) that it might've had I seen it when I was six years old.

Lauren, I'll check out Mob Wives and report back.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...